Opioid Crisis: Thinking Outside the Box
Opioid abuse has risen to epidemic proportions in Massachusetts and across the nation. There are evidence-based interventions and new federal and state policies aimed at ameliorating the crisis, yet the mortality rate remains extraordinarily high. This Forum will focus on innovative harm reduction strategies, approaches to racial and ethnic disparities in access to treatment, and state-of-the-art prevention and early intervention programs.
William James College
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Back Bay Events Center, Boston
Registration is required
OC16 | 4 CE credits | $75. Recovery Coaches & Recovery Specialists | $37.50 Graduate Students, General Public, Other Professionals | No CE Credits | FREE
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED | Seating is limited.
Marylou Sudders – Secretary, Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Carl Hart, PhD – Associate Professor of Psychology in the Departments of Psychiatry and Psychology at Columbia University, and Director of the Residential Studies and Methamphetamine Research Laboratories at the New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Andrew Kolodny, MD – Chief Medical Officer of Phoenix House; a senior scientist at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University; a research professor at the Global Institute of Public Health, New York University and Executive Director and co-founder of Physicians for Responsible Opioid Prescribing (PROP)
- Martha Bebinger – WBUR reporter and expert in communications on the opioid crisis
- Leonard Campanello – Chief of Police, Gloucester, Massachusetts
- Jessie M. Gaeta, MD – Chief Medical Officer, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program Assistant Professor of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine
- Haner Hernández, PhD, CADAC II, LADC I – Brown University’s Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies
- Mary McGeown – President and CEO, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
- Joanne Peterson – Founder and Executive Director, Learn to Cope, Inc.
- Charles D. Baker – Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts