Academy on Implementation Mechanisms for Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services: Options and Challenges for New England NESCSO is seeking proposals for a two-day Academy for decision makers and their staff from the New England state’s Health and Human Service agencies that will provide them with the opportunity to explore options on how to implement Medicaid HCBS to form a rebalanced and comprehensive Medicaid LTSS program. It will:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of implementation options including State Plan Amendment options, Medicaid Home and Community-Based Waiver authorities, custodia iphone 5s completa and Medicaid Managed Care options.
- Explore challenges decision makers face in selecting among HCBS implementation mechanisms such as capacity issues, custodia slim iphone se workforce issues, political environment, custodia porta iphone x capacity and market/regulatory environment.
- Include presentations from participating states on their experiences with implementing different mechanisms for providing Medicaid HCBS and their successes and challenges in weaving together HCBS options to create a comprehensive program.
- Explore more complex selection issues such as how to evaluate which new HCBS mechanisms will fit best within your state’s existing HCBS system, how to operationalize change within your state’s existing environment, custodia iphone 5s ricaricabile the challenges of implementing a uniform assessment across HCBS population, and how states are collecting the HCBW cost of care data for CMS.
Webinar on Care Planning Assessment Options in Medicaid Managed Long-term Services and supports Programs for the New England Region NESCSO is seeking proposals for a two-hour webinar for state staff from the New England state’s Health and Human Service agencies that will build their knowledge of the requirements, custodia iphone x argento options, and considerations for selecting and implementing care planning assessments for Medicaid MLTSS programs. custodia vuitton iphone The webinar will address the following questions around care planning assessments in MLTSS:
- What are the federal requirements for care planning assessments in MLTSS?
- What are the options for tool selection (State mandated or MCO selected? Designed by whom?) And what are the pros and cons of each option?
- What are the pros and cons of using a uniform tool across populations? Can a state require a uniform tool and still allow for plan modifications?
- What are a state’s options for who administers the tool (State? Plan? Third Party? Hybrid?) And what are the pros and cons of each option?
- What are the best assessment tools for assigning rating categories? and
- How are states conducting quality assurance reviews on rate category assessments?
The links below provide details and instructions. NESCSO LTSS MLTSS Assessment Webinar RFP LTSS-2018-01 NESCSO LTSS HCBS Academy RFP LTSS-2018-02 Responses are due March 16,