NESCSO has opened a national search for our Executive Director position. Please see the job posting below and feel free to share widely with anyone who you think may be interested.
UHealthSolutions, Inc. has an immediate job opening for the position of Executive Director for The New England States Consortium Systems Organization (NESCSO). The NESCSO Executive Director role can be a remote position and those employed at UHealthSolutions are provided with competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
UHealthSolutions, Inc., is the nonprofit business affiliate of UMass Chan Medical School. Under contract with NESCSO, UHealthSolutions provides the staffing and support for NESCSO. Now in its 22nd year, NESCSO was organized by the Health and Human Service Agencies of the New England states and the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School. NESCSO is dedicated to supporting employees of state government health and human service (HHS) agencies. NESCSO seeks to assist state agencies improve the effectiveness of publicly funded health and human services and we invest in state HHS employees, providing them with education and training, connecting them with peers in other states, and promoting the effective use of technology.
In New England, NESCSO provides support to HHS agencies in a wide range of topics including health system oversight, Medicaid Pharmacy, and Medicaid Quality. On a national basis, NESCSO supports the 50 states and territories in their implementation of Medicaid program technology as well as state-wide health information technology efforts.
NESCSO’s activities are guided by a 7-member Board of Directors representing the six New England HHS agencies and UMASS Chan Medical School. The Executive Director interprets and implements the policies and programs adopted by NESCSO’s Board of Directors.
- Develop strategic and annual operating plans as well as an end-of-year performance report for NESCSO Board of Directors.
- Provide direction to assigned NESCSO staff and consultants in duties consistent with furthering the NESCSO mission.
- Oversee a program designed to support New England HHS employees gain knowledge and skills in areas that are relevant and necessary. This includes establishing processes to identify those relevant subject areas, allocating resources to support the effort, managing collaborative projects, and evaluating effectiveness.
- Oversee a program designed to support state and territorial HHS government employees across the country effectively implement technology and systems. This includes managing an annual conference, partnering with the Centers for Medicaid and CHIP Services and other federal, state, and non-profit organizations, and overseeing collaborative projects.
- Effectively communicate NESCSO’s mission and accomplishments to external audiences, including through oversight of the NESCSO website and social media.
- Identify and secure additional revenues from public and private sources that improve the overall financial stability of NESCSO and contribute to the fulfillment of the NESCSO charter and mission.
- Maintain and establish partnerships with like-minded organizations.
- Master’s Degree in a field related to health care, public administration, law, and a minimum of 7 years progressively responsible experience in the field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in state government, information technology, healthcare, health insurance, or related field.
- Substantial operational experience in the Medicaid environment at the Federal, State, academic, consulting, and/or advisory levels.
- Extensive experience leading and sustaining major organizational change at an Executive level.
- Demonstrated experience in managing technology to resolve significant business problems.
- Strong, demonstrated communication, negotiation, facilitation, consensus building, and public relations skills.
- Experience operating in a fund-accounting environment involving public and private funding, and acquiring, sustaining, and managing funds from these sources.
- Ability to travel overnight to attend meetings and conferences as needed.
- Experience leading an organization under the direction of a Board of Directors
All employees must show proof of vaccination or seek exemption or accommodation related to medical or religious based reason(s) by their 1st day of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. UHS reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, due to business necessity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
UHealthSolutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. UHealthSolutions is a Tobacco-Free Workplace.
Apply for this position at: indeed.com